"Thank you for your careful proofreading of my work, the rapid service, and your appropriate corrections. In particular, you made the vocabulary and phrases sound natural and the sentences easy to read, which enabled the publishing of my paper to go smoothly."
Please scroll down for prices for customers outside Japan.
Customers from Japan
To provide a simple and transparent pricing system, the prices of all jobs are calculated per word.
To estimate the cost of editing your document, simply multiply the number of words (see bottom left of Word document) by the cost per word.
Proofreading service: from 5 yen per word
Editing service: cost of proofreading service + 30%
- The cost per word is based on the amount of work that I think the document will need. I try to charge 5 yen per word whenever possible!
- Minimum price for job: 5000 yen.
- Prices exclude 10% consumption tax.
- Discounts are available for larger jobs of over 5000 words (see FAQ). A 20% discount is also given to students (up to and including PhD level) and non-profit organizations.
- Please see FAQ for more details or contact me with any questions or to place an order.
- Payments to be made by bank transfer (furikomi) within one month of the date on the invoice.
Customers from outside Japan
Jobs are priced per hour (very roughly, one hour is 1000-1500 words). My rates depend on the type and length of the job and also the type of client, but my typical rates are as follows (prices in other currencies are calculated using midmarket rates).
Proofreading service: £30 per hour
Editing service: £35 per hour
- Minimum price per job: £30.
- Prices include consumption tax.
- A 20% discount is given to students (up to and including PhD level) and non-profit organizations.
- Payments are normally made by bank transfer within one month of the date on the invoice. Other methods of payment may be possible.
- See FAQ for more details or contact me for a quote or to make an order.